Chief Directorate: PM&E Capacity Development Coordination
What do we aim to achieve?
We are a cross-cutting function that contributes to DPME’s mandate in support of the departmental vision of improving government outcomes and impact on society.
We do this through coordinating DPME’s capacity development programmes to ensure effective development and application of government-wide planning, monitoring and evaluation policies, tools, systems and guidelines.
What are our core functions?
- Coordinate and support the assessment, development and application of PM&E capacity across government
- Support the development and improvement of externally-focused monitoring tools, systems and guidelines to support a government-wide PM&E system
- Facilitate stakeholder partnerships with the National School of Government, Higher Education Institutions, donors and private sector training providers to develop and implement PM&E capacity development programmes and innovations
- Coordinate international collaboration and knowledge sharing on PM&E
In line with DPME’s Annual Performance Plan, we develop an implementation plan which specifies areas of emphasis for each particular financial year informed by our strategic priorities and available resources. Our key projects are summarized in the diagram below:
Summary of our key projects
LINK TO SELECTED MONITORING AND EVALUATION ASSOCIATIONS:
· South African Monitoring and Evaluation Association (SAMEA)
· African Evaluation Association (AFREA)
· International Organization for Co-operation in Evaluation